Kochi: Triumph Motorcycles India has launched the brand-new Tiger 800 XCX and XR line-up – one of its best-loved and most critically acclaimed motorcycles ever. The longest running adventure story, with a bloodline that began with the gold-medal winning Tigers of the 1936 International Six Day Trial, continues with a new generation that incorporates the entire trademark Tiger spirit and takes capability to a whole new level.
|Major update to off-road capability & all road, all day comfort||New high level of state-of- the- art technology||Major Triple engine update – more responsive, character and sound||More Tiger style and highest-ever level of finish & detailing||The most comprehensive choice available|
|• More than 200 upgrades to the chassis and engine|
• More responsive, optimised Triple engine
• New shorter Ratio 1st Gear enables enhanced off-road traction, low-speed manoeuvrability and acceleration
• New lighter, free-flowing silencer with improved exhaust note
• New “Off Road Pro” riding mode, with a choice of up to six riding modes
• New five position adjustable screen
|• New adjustable full colour TFT instruments|
• New signature LED lighting
• New illuminated, ergonomically designed, backlit switchgear and five-way joystick control
• New updated cruise control
• All of these add to the Tiger 800’s extensive core state of the art Technology
|• Major engine update of the Tiger’s signature, optimised Triple power plant|
• New shorter Ratio 1st Gear
• New lighter, freer flowing exhaust giving better sound
• A2 Licence capability
|• New premium bodywork|
• New high-quality badges, graphics and detailing
• New colours
• More contemporary and dynamic stance
|• Even more choice, with both XR and XC models now even more distinctive and purposeful for their type of adventure|
“To deliver the best of Triumph, we here have been working on our engineering and technology to upgrade the capability of the Tiger 800 line-up for versatility on and off-road. These developments compliment the Tiger’s agility, its easy riding style, as well as its existing distinctive Tiger poise – the new 800 line-up is built for maximum adventure, maximum dominance,” said Vimal Sumbly, Managing Director, Triumph Motorcycles India Pvt. Ltd.
“Triumph as a brand is recognised not just for its iconic ancestry but also for the uncompromising premium riding experience that it offers. This combination gives the brand a sure-fire edge in its category and the Tiger range is here to do the same,” he added.
Tiger 800 category-defining technology
|5” adjustable TFT instruments||Full colour, clear instrumentation provides precise rider|
information with intuitive operation
|New All-LED Lightning||Offering improved visibility and enhanced style, LED signature lighting|
creates clear views in front and behind
|Switchcubes and five-way joystick||New ergonomically designed handlebar switch cubes and|
joystick are intuitive and comfortable to operate
|Illuminated backlit buttons||Handlebar mounted switchcube buttons are now illuminated,|
allowing for easier night-time use
|“Off-Road Pro” riding mode||Delivering the most focused off-road set up ever, advanced riders|
can opt to turn systems off and be in total control
|Brembo front brakes||Brembo front brakes deliver reliable, premium capability in all|
|Five-way adjustable wind screen and aero diffusers||Single hand adjustable windscreen, delivering enhanced wind protection for category leading rider aero comfort|
|Updated Cruise Control||Accessed easily through the left hand switchcube, the simple-to-use,|
single button cruise control helps reduce rider fatigue
Since 2013 to today, in just over 5 years Triumph Motorcycles has built something truly great, with a dealership network that reaches 15 cities across the country and an unmatched portfolio of several different motorcycle models across five premium categories.
About Triumph Motorcycles
First established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 110 years of motorcycle manufacture in 2012. For more than two decades, Triumph Motorcycles has been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and has produced iconic bikes that perfectly blend authentic design, character, charisma and performance.
Building around 67,000 bikes per year, Triumph is the largest British motorcycle manufacturer and has over 700 dealers across the world.
The Triumph Bonneville, famously named to celebrate Triumph’s 1956 land speed record on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah, USA. The original British superbike and a race winner straight out of the crate. Chosen by famous motorcyclists of the past for its legendary handling, style, and character. It’s that handling, character and style, married to modern rider-focused technology that makes the new Bonneville family the authentic modern classic choice today.
Today, Triumph has been producing “Tiger” motorcycles for more than 80 years, the first competition Triumph Tiger (70, 80 and 90 models) all won their classes in the 1936 ISDT (International Six Day Trial).
Triumph holds a unique place in the history of the International Six Day Trials as the motorcycle of choice for both the multiple winning British teams and famously Steve McQueen’s US ride entry in 1964.
At the heart of Triumph’s philosophy is a commitment and passion to develop truly unique motorcycles that offer a blend of distinctive design, intuitive handling and performance to enjoy the perfect ride.
This focus, innovation and engineering passion has today created a broad range of bikes suited to all motorcycle riders, including the epic Speed Triple, the game changing all new Street Triple 765, the class defining Tiger 800, transcontinental Tiger 1200, iconic Triumph Bonneville family including the stunning Bonneville Bobber, legendary Thruxton, accessible Street Twin, Street Scramble and iconic Bonneville T120 and T100, plus an exciting and accessible A2 range of Triumph motorcycles.
Triumph currently employs around 2,000 personnel worldwide and has subsidiary operations in the UK, North America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden (Scandinavia), Benelux, Brazil, India and Thailand as well as a network of independent distributors. Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and Thailand plus CKD facilities in Brazil and India.
- Triumph Motorcycles India is a subsidiary of the iconic British motorcycle manufacturer Triumph Motorcycles, one of the oldest British Motorcycle Brands established in 1902.
- Fastest growing luxury & lifestyle brand in India.
- 4500 Customers; 51 major auto awards.
- 15 state-of-the art dealerships at strategic locations and an upcoming dealership in Mangalore.
- CKD Assembly Facility at Manesar, Haryana.
- Rider groups started in all dealer cities (Riders Association of Triumph) in line with Triumph Motorcycles’ brand ethos – For the Ride.
- Tie up with India’s leading financial service provider HDFC & the world’s leading lubricant manufacturer, Castrol to ensure top notch quality.
- Global branding across every store in India, with build your own bike concept and full stock of riding gear, accessories and clothing.
- 24 X 7 Customer service helpline – 1800 300 000 51.
- 2 years unlimited mileage warranty on all the Motorcycles.